The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Do you want to do more company-level TvT for STX?
Yes, I want to do more TvT events (provided they're balanced)!
90.91%
No, I don't want to do TvT except when there are no other options.
9.09%
33 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do People Want More TvT?
All,

Let me preface this by repeating once more: I know this weekend's TvT was something of a meme. My apologies. I tried something new by pitting light infantry against mechanized infantry; I expected the former's numbers to counteract the latter's firepower, but it didn't, and in retrospect I should have anticipated that. Future TvTs -- and yes, regardless of the results of this poll, inevitably there will be future TvTs -- will be designed in such a way to mitigate these inherent advantages. Many of you submitted great feedback and helpful suggestions, like incorporating civilians / stricter ROEs or adding AI to supplement the defenders. We'll be looking to implement some or all of these in future TvT events.

With that said, our debrief revealed what appeared to be an overwhelming desire for more TvT -- provided, of course, the missions are properly balanced. Sound off in the poll above so I can figure out exactly what the ratio is.

Bear in mind that regardless of the results of this poll, we will neither drastically increase the amount of TvT we do nor cease doing them altogether. This unit remains a predominantly PvE unit; with that said, TvT offers significant training opportunities the AI simply cannot provide. If we find the unit overwhelmingly wants more TvT, I'll be more comfortable prescribing it for training where appropriate (as opposed to the current doctrine of avoiding it unless absolutely necessary), but we won't be replacing any of our usual training schedule.

Thanks,

ETHAN B. HERMANSON
Captain, IN
Commanding
J.Keyes likes this post
[Image: E.Hermanson.png]

Messages In This Thread
Do People Want More TvT? - by E.Hermanson - 25 Feb 19, 1832
RE: Do People Want More TvT? - by D.Stojic - 25 Feb 19, 1834
RE: Do People Want More TvT? - by G.Amant - 25 Feb 19, 2011
RE: Do People Want More TvT? - by G.Amant - 26 Feb 19, 1513
RE: Do People Want More TvT? - by E.Rhodes - 26 Feb 19, 0237