Add Figures (Map Images) to OPORDS
I was testing around in ArmA when i found the cheat code " TOPOGRAPHY" Which exports a high resolution topographic map with grid squares from ArmA into your main drive (C: in this case) this would let whoever is making the OPORD to zoom in with no quality loss and snip a picture for post editing or download the image and open it in say Photoshop and cut out the portions they need after editing. In my opinion this would increase understanding of the OPORD and unit effectiveness by letting Commanders show exactly what they want their subordinates to see before an operation and allow them more time to plan.

If this isn't "Useful" in the eyes of command than maybe it can be used in other area  of the unit

Here is a map of Atlis and Malden2035

EDIT
If you wish to do this yourself follow these steps.
1. Open up your ArmA 3 root directory and find ArmA3.exe.
2. Right click it and run as Admin.
3. Click editor so you're on the map selection screen and press CTRL+O while you have what map you want to export selected.
4. Press left shit and numpad minus SHIFT+-.
5. let go of SHIFT+- and type TOPOGRAPHY (You'll have to type blindly as no prompt shows up) Afterwards you'll see a pop up saying the cheat was activated.
6. Close ArmA 3 and go to your main Harddrive (C: in this case) and find MAPNAME.emf.
7. Download this file.
8. Drag the EMF file onto the EMFtoPNG.exe .
9. Wait for your high resolution map file to finish converting.

I used to use this back when I actually created OPORD overlays in external software instead of just using the in-game map. We used one to plan the invasion of Lingor, too. It's pretty neat, but it has a few key drawbacks: first, the grid squares aren't actually labelled, so you can't tell what each grid square is, just its delineation. It's also a ridiculously large file, which makes it kind of unwieldy for anything but centralized collaboration -- God help you if you're trying to send and share it.
[Image: E.Hermanson.png]

(10 Feb 19, 1221)E.Hermanson Wrote: I used to use this back when I actually created OPORD overlays in external software instead of just using the in-game map. We used one to plan the invasion of Lingor, too. It's pretty neat, but it has a few key drawbacks: first, the grid squares aren't actually labelled, so you can't tell what each grid square is, just its delineation. It's also a ridiculously large file, which makes it kind of unwieldy for anything but centralized collaboration -- God help you if you're trying to send and share it.
I can also make ones without the grid squares. I belive the main purpose of them is so you can cut out say a 4 x 4 of grid squads and now you have 16 exact grid squares for planning instead of writing 383 by 987. Maybe it doesn't have a place in this unit but i think some people or squad leaders may find this helpful for training their men.

If people want to use I'm not going to stop them. Want to type out / copy the instructions for how to use it, so others can take advantage of it should they wish to?
[Image: E.Hermanson.png]

Updated my post with a guide of how to do it.

I recommend Athena to anyone who wants to make map markings and briefing, the most recent updated version allows to have servers that you can all connect to and share the drawings with each other. Very nice to use with like a Microsoft Surface or any windows tablet.
[Image: M.Lafontaine.png]

(10 Feb 19, 1852)M.Lafontaine Wrote: I recommend Athena to anyone who wants to make map markings and briefing, the most recent updated version allows to have servers that you can all connect to and share the drawings with each other. Very nice to use with like a Microsoft Surface or any windows tablet.
Linky
[Image: B.Hamann.png]

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...ext=athena

The author used to have a website, but I think he took it down. You might be able to find a workshop version too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsErS3-_puU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmHO-DTrUo
[Image: M.Lafontaine.png]