A Friendly Reminder
At the end of the day the choice is up to the line leader anyway. If someone wants their guys running one thing over another thing, that's their choice. Personally, I would say to use the ACOG imo if you have the possibility of running out of ammunition at which point your m249 boxes if none are available will be replaced with a 30 rnd stanag mag and you will effectively be another rifleman, but I see the validity of the mgo too. In a situation where running out of ammunition is unlikely, the MGO would be preferred I'd say.

oof

If that was up to me there would be a memorandum stating that AR's NEED to use the MGO, i understand peopls opinion which is why i haven't put anything it works. But i as well feel like people are limiting yourselves because they refuse to use anything else than the ACOG. And in terms of your argument Geroge, if the AR runs out of belts the chances are his entire squad ran out of mags as well. The AR should and have to know how to effectivly manage his ammunition. So the arguement of him running out os redudant if you ask me
[Image: L.Andersen.png]

Right. Well, with that, it becomes clear that 2 Platoon does not need to use the MGO, and SSG Anderson is implying the same for 1 Platoon - unless his PL disagrees and wants to force the optic.

CPL Lafontaine has explained how to use the MGO, earlier in the post, if you are interested.
Not mentioned: the different sizes of gaps in the range lines on the MGO refers to the width of the sholders on a contact at that distance; if you want to calculate range, that will help.