29.63%
4th Option
11.11%
Other
0%
27 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The matter of the DFAC channel on Discord
So, it has become clear that DFAC on Discord has been pretty much overran by a few people into a shitposting den, this has completely derailed the original purpose of this channel and is becoming nearly impossible to police. This has resulted in most of the unit, CStaff included, muting the channel defeating the purpose of a unit wide discord. Several solutions have been suggested.

First, we could liquidate the DFAC and start over with more clearly defined rules in place. Second, we could convert the current DFAC into a shitposting channel that’s marked NSFW, this channel would not be policed by CStaff and would be effectively the wild west. Third, we could remove it out right and redirect everyone to the previously existing Shitposting discords. Fourth, we leave it as is.

I’m open to other options and opinions. The poll above is not binding, just a poll on opinions.
[Image: J.Keyes.png]

The wild west sounds like it could be fun CPT
J.Keyes likes this post
[Image: D.Haze.png]

it's not, because if it will heppened ill take over with my shit, and eva will take over with his furry shit
M.Rivera and J.Keyes like this post
[Image: N.Udeanu.png]

We already have a channel dedicated to this(free speech shitposting discord) we could just have a permanent invite/redirect people who wish to shitpost to that server and we could have dfac be like it was in the old days which is why i think option 3 is best
J.Keyes likes this post

But if we do that i believe that it would ruin the general bond we have, just posting random things to start conversations with each other.
J.Keyes likes this post

(18 Dec 19, 1201)J.Falbe Wrote: But if we do that i believe that it would ruin the general bond we have, just posting random things to start conversations with each other.

‌We would redirect everyone to the shitposting discord but we would still have the DFAC, it would just be a more serious ish place were we could have converaations like back in the good old days
J.Keyes likes this post

Quote:But if we do that i believe that it would ruin the general bond we have, just posting random things to start conversations with each other.
I would argue that bond has already been ruined. Look how many people are active in DFAC, then compare that to the number of members who have it muted. It is almost a tyranny of the minority or in this case the shitposters.
[Image: J.Keyes.png]

(19 Dec 19, 0421)J.Keyes Wrote:
Quote:But if we do that i believe that it would ruin the general bond we have, just posting random things to start conversations with each other.
I would argue that bond has already been ruined. Look how many people are active in DFAC, then compare that to the number of members who have it muted. It is almost a tyranny of the minority or in this case the shitposters.
It's hard with the DFAC because even if people have a conversation about some important stuff I'll propbably still mute it. A small percentage of information in there relates to me. It's just the one spot where everyone can meet up so seems like its correcte even with the BS posting it's the meeting spot for everyone, stuff relating to the right people goes to the right channels already rather DM, Leadership, Announcements ect.
J.Keyes likes this post
[Image: T.Hale.png]