What happened with Squad DMR?
When I posted my suggestion a few days back, I remember seeing that approved suggestion about the Squad Designated Rifleman, what ever happened with that idea?
Just curious because I was fairly excited to see what would happen when this was brought up and approved on the forums, But I'm unsure if it was put on hold, or decided that it wasn't going to happen, or what.

https://www.4thid.us/forum/showthread.php?tid=95
[Image: R.Warren.png]

After we wrap up operation i'll take a proper look into get them implemented. If my memory serves we were still trying to pick a rifle and equipment that wouldn't be to much like a sniper.
E.O'Neill and E.Hermanson like this post
[Image: J.Keyes.png]

The key issue is that neither the SDMR nor an appropriate scope are in RHS (nor any other mod, as far as I can tell). We could do without one or the other -- after all, the SDMR is just a heavily-modified M16, so we could theoretically just hand those to our DMs -- but with only an ACOG, what's the point? Yes, DMRs in the past have used the ACOG, but that was when the scope wasn't widely available to grunts; today, they're hardly exclusive. To make an M16/ACOG work, we'd have to restrict everyone else from using ACOGs, which is neither realistic nor popular.

We're still interested in having DMs, but we need to find an appropriate rifle and an appropriate scope. Neither the rifle nor the scope can be too overpowered, but they also need to be significant enough of an upgrade from the M4 platform to warrant creating a new role/doctrine.

If anyone knows of a mod that fills the gap, let us know.
E.O'Neill likes this post
[Image: E.Hermanson.png]

(18 Oct 18, 1104)E.Hermanson Wrote: The key issue is that neither the SDMR nor an appropriate scope are in RHS (nor any other mod, as far as I can tell). We could do without one or the other -- after all, the SDMR is just a heavily-modified M16, so we could theoretically just hand those to our DMs -- but with only an ACOG, what's the point? Yes, DMRs in the past have used the ACOG, but that was when the scope wasn't widely available to grunts; today, they're hardly exclusive. To make an M16/ACOG work, we'd have to restrict everyone else from using ACOGs, which is neither realistic nor popular.

We're still interested in having DMs, but we need to find an appropriate rifle and an appropriate scope. Neither the rifle nor the scope can be too overpowered, but they also need to be significant enough of an upgrade from the M4 platform to warrant creating a new role/doctrine.

If anyone knows of a mod that fills the gap, let us know.
M14s, both "old school" and the new EBR variant exist in the modpacks we have. They're the most common for 11B/19Ds to use and typically use a Leupold scope like you'd use for hunting. Using an M110 is also an option but starts to push more into the realm of sniper section.
E.O'Neill likes this post
[Image: M.Benitez.png]

Quote:M14s, both "old school" and the new EBR variant exist in the modpacks we have. They're the most common for 11B/19Ds to use and typically use a Leupold scope like you'd use for hunting. Using an M110 is also an option but starts to push more into the realm of sniper section.
Hey, cool. I didn't know they were still using the M14s. After our last operation mission this weekend, we'll create a loadout and look to push implementation with the beginning of the FTX period.
[Image: E.Hermanson.png]