Should "instant death" be enabled, or should we keep the current unconsciousness system?
Keep the current system. I want to always be able to be saved by a medic no matter how much damage I take.
35.14%
Switch to the more realistic "instant death" system. I want to suffer realistic consequences for mistakes on the battlefield.
64.86%
37 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Death or Dishonor? (A Poll on the Legitimacy of Unconsciousness)
As the title suggests, I'm curious what the general opinion is regarding instant death vs. unconsciousness.

To clarify: ACE Medical has two options available for handling fatal damage. The first option, which we're all familiar with, is forced unconsciousness: when one takes a fatal amount of damage, one falls unconscious, and stays unconscious until being revived. (If not revived after approximately ten minutes, the player dies.) The second option, which some of you experienced by mistake last weekend and which we've implemented during Warrior Wednesdays, is much more nuanced: while unconsciousness is still possible, it only occurs when it realistically might, such as when a patient has low blood pressure or has suffered a blow to the head. Catastrophic damage, such as a bullet to the face, will generally kill a person instantly -- though veterans of WW can attest that just as in real life, people sometimes survive the most unlikely situations!

There is currently an active suggestion recommending we implement this second option, which I'd like to approve. This unit consistently strives to bring the most realistic gameplay experience to its members, and many argue that this change is a long time coming. However, since virtual injury and death are such integral parts of our collective experience, I'd like to take the pulse of the unit (pun intended) before making a final decision.
[Image: E.Hermanson.png]

Are we able to get an update as to the status of this poll? Is instant death something CStaff plan on looking into in the future? If so, can we get a roadmap to it's full-implementation?

Poll remains open until the end of the day today, whereupon CStaff will review the results and determine a path forward.
[Image: E.Hermanson.png]